5 injured in 3 Fayetteville shootings
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- Five people were shot in Fayettevile early Saturday morning in three separate shootings, according to police.
At 3:22 a.m., officers responded to the parking lot of McDonald's located at 5009 Santa Fe Drive in reference to a shooting.
Police said 35-year-old Joshua Chunn and an acquaintance had been at a nightclub on the 6200 block of Yadkin Road and left after an altercation had taken place inside the club.
Once Chunn dropped off his friend, a vehicle pulled out of the parking lot of the nightclub and began following him. Chunn stopped his vehicle, was confronted by the suspects and was shot multiple times.
Chunn was immediately transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center and is listed in serious condition.
About an hour later at 4:30 a.m., officers responded to a shooting in the7600 block of Sable Drive. Police said there was a party at the residence and people were beginning to leave the home.
While one of the victims was attempting to get into a vehicle to leave the area, a white Dodge Charger pulled up and the occupants began yelling at people leaving the party. Friends and family members approached the suspect vehicle and attempted to persuade the suspects to leave the area. A passenger in the Charger suddenly exited the vehicle and began firing a weapon.
Two victims were injured and were immediately transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where they are listed in stable condition. The victims have been identified as 17-year-old Keondre Thomas and 21-year-old Kristen Wood.
At approximately 5:50 am, detectives were at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center investigating the prior aggravated assaults, when two more shooting victims had arrived at the hospital.
Police said the victims were at a home on the 400 block of Squirrel Street, when an unknown black male suddenly began shooting a firearm.
The victims have been identified as 27-year-old Antonias Milton and 23-year-old Sedale Council and are both in stable condition.
Police said they do not believe the shootings are related. Anyone with information concerning any of the shootings or the identity of the suspects, is asked to call detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, shooting, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 1 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 1 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 31 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 29 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 21 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos