1 dead, 1 injured in Route 422 crash in Lower Pottsgrove
LOWER POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly accident that shut down parts of Route 422 in Lower Pottsgrove on Saturday.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of the highway near South Pleasantview Road.
Officials say the driver of a Chevy lost control and the vehicle rolled over several times. A 44-year-old woman inside the car was ejected and later pronounced dead.
Police say the 33-year-old male driver was transported to Pottstown Hospital. There is no word on the extent of his injuries.
The westbound lanes of Route 422 were shut down for about 4 1/2 hours but all lanes have since reopened.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
pennsylvania news, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ