1 dead, 1 injured in Route 422 crash in Lower Pottsgrove
LOWER POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly accident that shut down parts of Route 422 in Lower Pottsgrove on Saturday.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of the highway near South Pleasantview Road.
Officials say the driver of a Chevy lost control and the vehicle rolled over several times. A 44-year-old woman inside the car was ejected and later pronounced dead.
Police say the 33-year-old male driver was transported to Pottstown Hospital. There is no word on the extent of his injuries.
The westbound lanes of Route 422 were shut down for about 4 1/2 hours but all lanes have since reopened.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
pennsylvania news, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 44 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 6 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 16 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 23 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
16 min ago