1 dead, 1 injured in Route 422 crash in Lower Pottsgrove
LOWER POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly accident that shut down parts of Route 422 in Lower Pottsgrove on Saturday.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of the highway near South Pleasantview Road.
Officials say the driver of a Chevy lost control and the vehicle rolled over several times. A 44-year-old woman inside the car was ejected and later pronounced dead.
Police say the 33-year-old male driver was transported to Pottstown Hospital. There is no word on the extent of his injuries.
The westbound lanes of Route 422 were shut down for about 4 1/2 hours but all lanes have since reopened.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
pennsylvania news, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 55 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 27 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 11 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 27 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 1 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 51 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
1 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
51 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos