Man arrested in Wilmington shooting that injured girl, 5
WILMINGTON, Del. - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man wanted for a shooting in Wilmington that left a 5-year-old girl shot in the leg in has been arrested in New Jersey.
Wilmington police reported Saturday that authorities have arrested 33-year-old Jermaine Laster of Penns Grove, N.J., in connection with the shooting.
Police say the shooting happened around 6 p.m. Wednesday on Pleasant Street. Police say the 5-year-old girl and a 9-year-old girl were playing outside when the 5-year-old was hit by a stray bullet.
Detectives later learned that Laster and another person had fought earlier in the day, and Laster allegedly later returned and began shooting.
Laster did not appear to have a listed telephone number.
delaware news, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 13 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 11 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 28 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier