Organization taking furniture donations for flood victims
RALEIGH -- The devastating floods that soaked low lying areas in Orange County disrupted more than 100 households and nearly half are still facing challenges caused by the high water.
Members of a group called the green chair project are gathering much needed items to speed their recovery. Generous people really came through Saturday, bringing furniture donations for some of the families hit hard by last month's flash flooding in Orange County.
The Green Chair Project set up donor centers Saturday in Raleigh and Chapel Hill.
Green Chair co-founder Jackie Craig wants the 45 households to shop for free and leave with the dignity of choosing their furniture. “It's not a handout. It's a hand up to their new lives, as they start to rebuild,” Craig said.
orange county, wake county, local/state, anthony wilson
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 5 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 52 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 4 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
4 min ago