New Castle County man 1st Delaware heat death of year
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Health officials in Delaware say a New Castle County man who was found unresponsive Wednesday is the state's first heat-related death of the year.
The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services said Saturday that the Medical Examiner's Office ruled the man's death an accident and said heat exposure contributed to his death.
The Medical Examiner's Office said the man had an underlying medical condition.
Health officials did not release the man's name but said he was 55 years old.
delaware news, new castle county news, heat wave, local/state
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 25 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's 47 min ago
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House 46 min ago
- Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
47 min ago
- Mysterious, driverless car spotted on highway
46 min ago
- First dog knocks down toddler at White House
46 min ago