New Castle County man 1st Delaware heat death of year
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - July 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Health officials in Delaware say a New Castle County man who was found unresponsive Wednesday is the state's first heat-related death of the year.
The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services said Saturday that the Medical Examiner's Office ruled the man's death an accident and said heat exposure contributed to his death.
The Medical Examiner's Office said the man had an underlying medical condition.
Health officials did not release the man's name but said he was 55 years old.
delaware news, new castle county news, heat wave, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 26 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 20 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police