Pedestrian struck by train in Burlington
BURLINGTON, N.C. -- One man was killed after being struck by a train in Burlington Saturday night, according to Burlington police.
At 6:15 p.m., police received a call about an Amtrak train on its way to Charlotte from Raleigh hitting a pedestrian.
The accident happened near the corner of North Mebane Street and Webb Avenue.
Police said the male victim was pronounced dead on the scene. His identity has not been released.
The case is under investigation, and anyone with information is asked to contact the Burlington Police Department at (336) 229-3500.
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 28 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 27 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 4 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
27 min ago