2 injured in Durham crash following police chase
Durham -- Highway Patrol said a short chase led to a crash Saturday evening.
It happened on Duke Street in Durham just before 9 p.m. Troopers were conducting a license check on Roxboro Street when the SUV made an abrupt u-turn before reaching the checkpoint, according to officials.
Troopers tried to stop the vehicle, but a short pursuit began. The driver lost control on Duke Street at Leon Street, hitting a tree.
Both the driver and passenger of the vehicle were injured and were transported to Duke Medical Center. Their conditions are unknown.
Officials identified the driver as Jeremy Reshad Spencer and the passenger is Shavonte Cousins, both of Durham.
Troopers said charges are pending.
durham county, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 15 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ