2 injured in Durham crash following police chase
Durham -- Highway Patrol said a short chase led to a crash Saturday evening.
It happened on Duke Street in Durham just before 9 p.m. Troopers were conducting a license check on Roxboro Street when the SUV made an abrupt u-turn before reaching the checkpoint, according to officials.
Troopers tried to stop the vehicle, but a short pursuit began. The driver lost control on Duke Street at Leon Street, hitting a tree.
Both the driver and passenger of the vehicle were injured and were transported to Duke Medical Center. Their conditions are unknown.
Officials identified the driver as Jeremy Reshad Spencer and the passenger is Shavonte Cousins, both of Durham.
Troopers said charges are pending.
durham county, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs