Wilmington police investigate late night shooting
WILMINGTON - July 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police are searching for leads in a late night shooting that left a man fighting for his life.
Police say the shooting occurred Saturday night in the 600 block of W. 27th Street, where officers found a 23-year-old man inside a home with wounds to his thigh, ankle and cheek.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital in serious but stable condition. Police say he has been uncooperative.
Cpl. Mark Ivey, a police spokesman, says the man has previously been convicted of drug and weapons charges. It is unclear if the shooting was connected to those past crimes.
Separately, police are also investigating a shooting Sunday afternoon in the 300 block of N. Clayton Street that investigators believe occurred during an argument. The victim was treated at a hospital and released.
delaware news, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 39 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del.... 39 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape