Wilmington police investigate late night shooting
WILMINGTON - July 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police are searching for leads in a late night shooting that left a man fighting for his life.
Police say the shooting occurred Saturday night in the 600 block of W. 27th Street, where officers found a 23-year-old man inside a home with wounds to his thigh, ankle and cheek.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital in serious but stable condition. Police say he has been uncooperative.
Cpl. Mark Ivey, a police spokesman, says the man has previously been convicted of drug and weapons charges. It is unclear if the shooting was connected to those past crimes.
Separately, police are also investigating a shooting Sunday afternoon in the 300 block of N. Clayton Street that investigators believe occurred during an argument. The victim was treated at a hospital and released.
delaware news, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house 57 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
30 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
28 min ago