Raleigh native killed while hiking at Mt. Olympus
OLYMPIA, Wash. -- A Raleigh native was killed while hiking at Mt. Olympus, according to Olympic National Park officials.
Officials said 28-year-old Richard Grey Liston was killed Saturday.
A group of people saw Liston fall around 7:45 a.m. One of the witnesses was a paramedic and was able to get to Liston and confirmed he was deceased.
Officials spent most of the day recovering his body, which was complete at 8 p.m.
Liston was living in Portland, but is originally from Raleigh and still has family there.
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 42 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ