Man shot in leg near Wilmington park
WILMINGTON - July 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware are investigating a shooting Sunday afternoon outside the Judy Johnson Park.
Gunfire rang out around 12:30 p.m. near the 200 block of Clayton Street.
Police were notified after residents called in reporting a man walking along the 500 and 600 blocks of Clayton with blood dripping from his leg.
Police located the victim after he collapsed a few blocks from the hospital.
The 30-year-old male victim was transported to Wilmington Hospital where he is listed in stable condition with a single gunshot wound to the leg.
Police believe the shooting took place near the intersection of 3rd and Clayton streets.
The shooting was not inside the park; however, there were children in the park when the shooting occurred.
No arrests have been made.
delaware news, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos