Man shot in leg near Wilmington park
WILMINGTON - July 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware are investigating a shooting Sunday afternoon outside the Judy Johnson Park.
Gunfire rang out around 12:30 p.m. near the 200 block of Clayton Street.
Police were notified after residents called in reporting a man walking along the 500 and 600 blocks of Clayton with blood dripping from his leg.
Police located the victim after he collapsed a few blocks from the hospital.
The 30-year-old male victim was transported to Wilmington Hospital where he is listed in stable condition with a single gunshot wound to the leg.
Police believe the shooting took place near the intersection of 3rd and Clayton streets.
The shooting was not inside the park; however, there were children in the park when the shooting occurred.
No arrests have been made.
delaware news, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 32 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...