Man shot in leg near Wilmington park
WILMINGTON - July 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware are investigating a shooting Sunday afternoon outside the Judy Johnson Park.
Gunfire rang out around 12:30 p.m. near the 200 block of Clayton Street.
Police were notified after residents called in reporting a man walking along the 500 and 600 blocks of Clayton with blood dripping from his leg.
Police located the victim after he collapsed a few blocks from the hospital.
The 30-year-old male victim was transported to Wilmington Hospital where he is listed in stable condition with a single gunshot wound to the leg.
Police believe the shooting took place near the intersection of 3rd and Clayton streets.
The shooting was not inside the park; however, there were children in the park when the shooting occurred.
No arrests have been made.
delaware news, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- 40 homes threatened in NJ forest fire 4 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 11 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos