Philadelphia police shooting under investigation
PHILADELPHIA - July 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police Internal Affairs is investigating an officer involved shooting in the Wynnefield section of the city Sunday night.
It happened at the intersection of 53rd Street and Colombia Avenue around 5:30 p.m.
Few details have been released, but police say a man was shot in the arm.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in stable condition.
Philadelphia Police Internal affairs are investigating.
shooting, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 33 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 11 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
33 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
11 min ago