Philadelphia police shooting under investigation
PHILADELPHIA - July 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police Internal Affairs is investigating an officer involved shooting in the Wynnefield section of the city Sunday night.
It happened at the intersection of 53rd Street and Colombia Avenue around 5:30 p.m.
Few details have been released, but police say a man was shot in the arm.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in stable condition.
Philadelphia Police Internal affairs are investigating.
shooting, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ