Philadelphia police shooting under investigation
PHILADELPHIA - July 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police Internal Affairs is investigating an officer involved shooting in the Wynnefield section of the city Sunday night.
It happened at the intersection of 53rd Street and Colombia Avenue around 5:30 p.m.
Few details have been released, but police say a man was shot in the arm.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in stable condition.
Philadelphia Police Internal affairs are investigating.
shooting, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 19 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 35 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
21 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos