Lung transplant patient Sarah Murnaghan able to sit up
PHILADELPHIA - July 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- There was some good news from the Murnaghan family Monday.
As evident in a picture posted by her mother, little Sarah can now sit up.
The 10-year-old Newtown Square girl can also stand during physical therapy.
It's been 5 weeks since Sarah underwent her second lung transplant.
Her story sparked a nation-wide conversation about organ donation.
pennsylvania news, surgery, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others 43 min ago
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 25 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
38 min ago