Man shot in head while driving in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - July 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man in his 30's was shot in the head while driving in the city's Port Richmond section early Tuesday morning, police say.
The incident happened around 1:30 a.m. on the 2000 block of Pickwick Street.
Authorities say the victim was shot in the side of his head and the car continued on to Amber Street before stopping on the sidewalk.
The man was rushed to the hospital in extremely critical condition.
Police have no suspects in custody or a motive for the shooting.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
8 min ago