Man shot in head while driving in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - July 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man in his 30's was shot in the head while driving in the city's Port Richmond section early Tuesday morning, police say.
The incident happened around 1:30 a.m. on the 2000 block of Pickwick Street.
Authorities say the victim was shot in the side of his head and the car continued on to Amber Street before stopping on the sidewalk.
The man was rushed to the hospital in extremely critical condition.
Police have no suspects in custody or a motive for the shooting.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 36 min ago