New Jersey town: Snooki and storm rebuilding don't mix
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - July 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Some residents of a Jersey shore town say they don't want reality star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi to benefit from efforts to rebuild from Superstorm Sandy.
Berkeley Township residents and officials say Polizzi plans to vacation and film in a house there for the new season of her "Jersey Shore" spinoff, "Snooki and JWoww."
Some homeowners have hired a lawyer to try to block production.
The Star-Ledger of Newark reports that dozens of people attended a council meeting Monday, and many of them blasted township officials, fearing a circus-like atmosphere.
Polizzi writes on Instagram that she doesn't understand why people want to ban her, her son and fiance from enjoying summer at the shore. She went on to say, "Grow up, get over yourself and move on."
snooki, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, new jersey news, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police respond to shooting report at Colo. school 3 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 35 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser