Department of Justice reviewing Philadelphia police policies
PHILADELPHIA - July 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Department of Justice is reviewing Philadelphia police policies at the request of Commissioner Charles Ramsey.
Ramsey requested that the DOJ review several policies such as the use of deadly force back in May.
Last year Philadelphia police shot 52 suspects, 15 of whom died. That's a 50% increase in one year.
Ramsey also asked the feds to do similar reviews in other cities where he worked including Washington, D.C. and Chicago.
The review will take 18 months.
philadelphia, police, charles ramsey, local/state
- Snow Arriving 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 2 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 8 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 47 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 46 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
36 min ago