Philadelphia's lap dance tax under review
PHILADELPHIA - July 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia's tax review board heard information Tuesday about the city's proposed lap dance tax.
It's a controversial push to charge gentlemen's clubs under the city's longstanding "amusement tax."
But clubs like Delilah's and Club Risque say patrons already pay a tax in their cover charge and that it's double taxation.
They're threatening to file suit if the board agrees with the city.
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 48 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
48 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos