Boy put in trunk escapes abductor in Germantown, police say
GERMANTOWN - July 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a 7-year-old boy was able to escape from an abductor and now the search is on for the suspect.
Police were called to the Lonnie Young Recreation Center at 1100 East Chelten Avenue in Germantown Tuesday evening for the report of a possible abduction.
Police say around 7:00 p.m. a 7-year-old boy was at the rec center when he was taken by a man and put in a trunk.
He was driven to a home and taken into a basement.
The boy tells police he was able to escape and ran down the street. Two women pulled up in their car and asked the boy if he was okay.
The boy told the women what happened and they called the police.
Officials say they are going door to door today looking for witnesses.
philadelphia, abduction, kidnapping, germantown, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 40 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 55 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 40 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 17 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 9 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 35 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
55 min ago