Boy put in trunk escapes abductor in Germantown, police say
GERMANTOWN - July 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a 7-year-old boy was able to escape from an abductor and now the search is on for the suspect.
Police were called to the Lonnie Young Recreation Center at 1100 East Chelten Avenue in Germantown Tuesday evening for the report of a possible abduction.
Police say around 7:00 p.m. a 7-year-old boy was at the rec center when he was taken by a man and put in a trunk.
He was driven to a home and taken into a basement.
The boy tells police he was able to escape and ran down the street. Two women pulled up in their car and asked the boy if he was okay.
The boy told the women what happened and they called the police.
Officials say they are going door to door today looking for witnesses.
philadelphia, abduction, kidnapping, germantown, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 42 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 18 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
42 min ago