Man steals wallet from 81-year-old woman
CENTER CITY - July 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the thief who attacked and robbed an 81-year-old woman in Center City.
Detectives released surveillance video Wednesday of the incident.
They say a week ago, around 1:00 p.m., the suspect waited for the victim to cash a check inside a store on South Broad Street.
The man followed her for several blocks to the 1300 block of South Juniper.
Police say he then knocked down the woman, took the wallet from around her neck, and ran off.
The woman wasn't hurt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, center city, robbery, theft, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish