Man steals wallet from 81-year-old woman
CENTER CITY - July 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the thief who attacked and robbed an 81-year-old woman in Center City.
Detectives released surveillance video Wednesday of the incident.
They say a week ago, around 1:00 p.m., the suspect waited for the victim to cash a check inside a store on South Broad Street.
The man followed her for several blocks to the 1300 block of South Juniper.
Police say he then knocked down the woman, took the wallet from around her neck, and ran off.
The woman wasn't hurt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, center city, robbery, theft, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?