Man steals wallet from 81-year-old woman
CENTER CITY - July 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the thief who attacked and robbed an 81-year-old woman in Center City.
Detectives released surveillance video Wednesday of the incident.
They say a week ago, around 1:00 p.m., the suspect waited for the victim to cash a check inside a store on South Broad Street.
The man followed her for several blocks to the 1300 block of South Juniper.
Police say he then knocked down the woman, took the wallet from around her neck, and ran off.
The woman wasn't hurt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, center city, robbery, theft, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ