North Philadelphia street turned into bumper car alley
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say it was like a bumper car alley after a man struck several cars on a street in North Philadelphia late Wednesday night.
The incident happened around 10:30 p.m. along Glenwood Avenue near 5th Street.
Authorities say a male driver had been stopped by police on bike patrol when he suddenly took off down the street, striking seven parked cars before slamming into a truck.
There were no injuries reported and it is unclear on why the police stopped the man.
The man was taken into custody and is being questioned by police.
accident, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases