North Philadelphia street turned into bumper car alley
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say it was like a bumper car alley after a man struck several cars on a street in North Philadelphia late Wednesday night.
The incident happened around 10:30 p.m. along Glenwood Avenue near 5th Street.
Authorities say a male driver had been stopped by police on bike patrol when he suddenly took off down the street, striking seven parked cars before slamming into a truck.
There were no injuries reported and it is unclear on why the police stopped the man.
The man was taken into custody and is being questioned by police.
accident, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 29 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 8 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 36 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
55 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
8 min ago