Man suffers burns, dog killed in New Jersey fire
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has suffered burns in a flash fire inside a camper that killed one of his dogs and injured two others.
The Asbury Park Press reports that fire fully engulfed the recreational vehicle around 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Police say the owner, Neal Cowe of Georgia, accidentally allowed gas to come into contact with the carburetor. Cowe is being treated for burns at a local hospital.
One dog was killed and animal control officers are caring for two others that suffered injuries.
fire, animals, new jersey news, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 12 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 14 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos