1 dead after SUV hits tree in crash on I-495 in Claymont
CLAYMONT, Del. - July 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Claymont, Delaware are investigating a crash that claimed a person's life Wednesday evening.
Police say it was around 6:30 p.m. when a Chevrolet Blazer collided with a Mazda 626 along southbound I-495, sending both vehicles off the roadway.
The Blazer struck a tree, trapping and severely injuring the driver. That person, identified as 51-year-old Allan Cunha of Elkton, Maryland, later died from his injuries.
The driver of the Mazda, 22-year-old Maurice Dawkins of Townsend, Delaware, was not injured in the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
delaware news, accident, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 48 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 11 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ