Port Richmond flooding leaves big mess for residents
PORT RICHMOND - July 25 20134 (WPVI) -- Residents in the city's Port Richmond are cleaning up the big mess Monday's rain caused after several basements flooded.
Investigators are trying to determine if something happened besides the heavy rains to cause the flooding in an area that has not been prone to flooding.
The neighors say the flooding was caused by the water department not reopening the main drains to the river after cleaning the storm drains last week.
They say it caused the sewer to back up into their homes.
The water department has denied these claims and continue to investigate.
port richmond, flooding, philadelphia, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 7 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?