Port Richmond flooding leaves big mess for residents
PORT RICHMOND - July 25 20134 (WPVI) -- Residents in the city's Port Richmond are cleaning up the big mess Monday's rain caused after several basements flooded.
Investigators are trying to determine if something happened besides the heavy rains to cause the flooding in an area that has not been prone to flooding.
The neighors say the flooding was caused by the water department not reopening the main drains to the river after cleaning the storm drains last week.
They say it caused the sewer to back up into their homes.
The water department has denied these claims and continue to investigate.
port richmond, flooding, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car 18 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 12 min ago