Port Richmond flooding leaves big mess for residents
PORT RICHMOND - July 25 20134 (WPVI) -- Residents in the city's Port Richmond are cleaning up the big mess Monday's rain caused after several basements flooded.
Investigators are trying to determine if something happened besides the heavy rains to cause the flooding in an area that has not been prone to flooding.
The neighors say the flooding was caused by the water department not reopening the main drains to the river after cleaning the storm drains last week.
They say it caused the sewer to back up into their homes.
The water department has denied these claims and continue to investigate.
port richmond, flooding, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 1 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
24 min ago