Group home counselor facing sex assault charges
HAINESPORT, N.J. (AP) - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a southern New Jersey group home counselor sexually assaulted a girl that was under his care.
Burlington County prosecutors say the charges filed against 32-year-old Rashaun Davis of Burlington Township stem from an incident that allegedly occurred in May. He was arrested Tuesday and was being held on $250,000 bail.
Davis is a minister at a local church who served as a part-time staff member at a group home for teenage girls in Hainesport. He's charged with aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault and child endangerment.
Authorities say the victim is younger than 16, but further details were not disclosed.
It was not known Wednesday if Davis has retained a lawyer.
sex assault, teens, new jersey news, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 11 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot in Wilmington 45 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 33 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition