Burglar sought in South Philadelphia store robbery
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police need your help in identifying the suspect who burglarized the store King of Wings in South Philadelphia.
The incident happened just before 4:30 p.m. on Sunday in the 2200 block of South Woodstock.
Police say the suspect was caught on surveillance video breaking a side window and entering the King of Wings store.
Once inside, they say, he attempted several times to break open a cash register but was unsuccessful.
He then fled the store back through the window with the cash register containing $600.
The suspect is described as a white male, 30-40 years-of-age with blonde or light brown hair. He was wearing a dark colored t-shirt, white and blue shorts and carryihg a red bag.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
burglary, robbery, south philadelphia, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 43 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 6 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep