Police: Teen rode down woman with bike, tried to steal purse
July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for the teenager who allegedly ran down a woman with his bicycle and then attempted to steal her purse in the city's Washington Square section.
It was around 6:20 p.m. on Monday July 15, 2013 when a group of males on bicycles were riding down the 500 block of South Juniper Street. Police say one of the bicyclists intentionally rode into a pedestrian. A short time later, the same male allegedly rode his bike past the 31-year-old victim, turned around, and then rode the woman down from behind, knocking her to the ground.
A struggle then ensued over the woman's purse, however the victim was able to fend him off.
The teen and the other males then fled the area on their bicycles.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 13-year-old, dark complexion, standing 4'11" to 5', and wearing a black T-shirt, blue jeans and riding a blue bicycle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 32 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 15 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
17 min ago