Boy,4, injured in Germantown hit-and-run
GERMANTOWN - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the driver of a car who struck a 4-year-old boy in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.
The accident happened around 4:30 p.m. along Germantown Avenue near Seymour.
Surveillance video of the accident shows woman and child starting to cross the street as a newer model Dodge Nitro SUV makes a turn down the street.
The woman stops but the child keeps walking right into the vehicle, which knocks him back onto the ground.
The driver of the car allegedly got out, looked at the child, then got back into the car and drove off.
The boy was not critically injured. He was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment.
philadelphia, germantown, hit and run, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 42 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela 26 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
48 min ago