Gas leak prompts evacuations in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A portion of two city blocks were evacuated in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia due to a gas leak.
A private contractor ruptured a gas line at a construction site near the corner of 5th and Poplar around 5:10 p.m. Thursday.
PGW and the Fire Department responded to the scene and evacuated two city blocks surrounding the site.
They were able to get the leak capped.
philadelphia, northern liberties, gas leak, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed