Gas leak prompts evacuations in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - July 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A portion of two city blocks were evacuated in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia due to a gas leak.
A private contractor ruptured a gas line at a construction site near the corner of 5th and Poplar around 5:10 p.m. Thursday.
PGW and the Fire Department responded to the scene and evacuated two city blocks surrounding the site.
They were able to get the leak capped.
philadelphia, northern liberties, gas leak, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run