3rd child dies after house fire in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - July 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A third child has now died following a house fire earlier this week in Chester.
Moses McKnight, 4, was injured in the fire that erupted Wednesday morning in the 900 block of East 15th Street.
He died just before 3:00 p.m. Friday, Action News has learned.
Moses' sister, 6-year-old Bella McKnight and their cousin, 9-year-old Amajhay Ferguson, also died in the fire.
There were six children in the house at the time of the blaze. Three of them live in the home and the other three were cousins staying for a visit.
The father of the kids, Timothy Ferguson, managed to get his wife and three children out safely.
Five firefighters were also hurt in the blaze, which happened two blocks from the Widener University campus.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book