3rd child dies after house fire in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - July 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A third child has now died following a house fire earlier this week in Chester.
Moses McKnight, 4, was injured in the fire that erupted Wednesday morning in the 900 block of East 15th Street.
He died just before 3:00 p.m. Friday, Action News has learned.
Moses' sister, 6-year-old Bella McKnight and their cousin, 9-year-old Amajhay Ferguson, also died in the fire.
There were six children in the house at the time of the blaze. Three of them live in the home and the other three were cousins staying for a visit.
The father of the kids, Timothy Ferguson, managed to get his wife and three children out safely.
Five firefighters were also hurt in the blaze, which happened two blocks from the Widener University campus.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 15 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City 54 min ago
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 16 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 19 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
18 min ago