Man dies after being shot on bicycle in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man in his 20's was shot three times on a bicycle in West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened around 12:30 a.m. in the 5900 block of Filbert Street.
According to police, the victim was riding his bike when someone opened fire and shot him twice in the chest and once in the stomach.
He was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and taken into surgery. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
So far, there are no suspects in custody and police are trying to determine the motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- School closings and delays 3 min ago
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 37 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos