Man dies after being shot on bicycle in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man in his 20's was shot three times on a bicycle in West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened around 12:30 a.m. in the 5900 block of Filbert Street.
According to police, the victim was riding his bike when someone opened fire and shot him twice in the chest and once in the stomach.
He was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and taken into surgery. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
So far, there are no suspects in custody and police are trying to determine the motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 24 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 33 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 51 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos