Man dies after being shot on bicycle in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man in his 20's was shot three times on a bicycle in West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened around 12:30 a.m. in the 5900 block of Filbert Street.
According to police, the victim was riding his bike when someone opened fire and shot him twice in the chest and once in the stomach.
He was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and taken into surgery. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
So far, there are no suspects in custody and police are trying to determine the motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 8 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 27 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 31 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
1 min ago