Man dies after being shot on bicycle in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man in his 20's was shot three times on a bicycle in West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened around 12:30 a.m. in the 5900 block of Filbert Street.
According to police, the victim was riding his bike when someone opened fire and shot him twice in the chest and once in the stomach.
He was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and taken into surgery. He was pronounced dead a short time later. .
So far, there are no suspects in custody and police are trying to determine the motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, teens, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ