Man dies after being shot on bicycle in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man in his 20's was shot three times on a bicycle in West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The shooting happened around 12:30 a.m. in the 5900 block of Filbert Street.
According to police, the victim was riding his bike when someone opened fire and shot him twice in the chest and once in the stomach.
He was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and taken into surgery. He was pronounced dead a short time later. .
So far, there are no suspects in custody and police are trying to determine the motive.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, teens, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 44 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 51 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
44 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
51 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
35 min ago