Driver charged in Olney DUI crash
OLNEY - July 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have charged a man with aggravated assault and related charges after he struck a man in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
42-year-old Robert Timms has been charged with Aggravated Assault, Aggravated Assault by Vehicle While DUI, Aggravated Assault by Vehicle, DUI, Accident Involving Death/Injury, Simple Assault and REAP.
Timms was arrested Sunday after police say the car he was driving struck a pedestrian on the 5400 block of Olney Avenue just before 2:00 a.m.
Police say the victim was hit when he stepped out of a pizza shop.
After hitting the man, authorities say Timms continued for two blocks.
He then crashed into a second vehicle.
The victim was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
Bail was set at $475,000
philadelphia, DUI, accident, pedestrian struck, olney, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 15 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 10 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 40 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
5 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
10 min ago