Moorestown police officer ejected from motorcycle, hit by Burlington County investigator's truck
MOORESTOWN, N.J. - July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Moorestown police officer is dead after losing control of his motorcycle and then being hit by a truck driven by an investigator with the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, authorities say.
The accident happened shortly after 10:00 p.m. Saturday along eastbound County Road 614 near mile post 1.4.
Police say 52-year-old Craig Berner was operating a Honda motorcycle when, for reasons unknown, he crashed his bike and was ejected into the westbound lanes.
He was then struck by a Ford F-150, being driven by 60-year-old William McGovern.
Berner, whom authorities say was an officer with the Moorestown Police Department, died as a result of the crash.
Because McGovern is an investigator for the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, the investigation has been turned over to the Camden County Prosecutor's Office to avoid any possible conflict of interest.
new jersey news, burlington county news, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 14 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 56 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos