Moorestown police officer ejected from motorcycle, hit by Burlington County investigator's truck
MOORESTOWN, N.J. - July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Moorestown police officer is dead after losing control of his motorcycle and then being hit by a truck driven by an investigator with the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, authorities say.
The accident happened shortly after 10:00 p.m. Saturday along eastbound County Road 614 near mile post 1.4.
Police say 52-year-old Craig Berner was operating a Honda motorcycle when, for reasons unknown, he crashed his bike and was ejected into the westbound lanes.
He was then struck by a Ford F-150, being driven by 60-year-old William McGovern.
Berner, whom authorities say was an officer with the Moorestown Police Department, died as a result of the crash.
Because McGovern is an investigator for the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, the investigation has been turned over to the Camden County Prosecutor's Office to avoid any possible conflict of interest.
new jersey news, burlington county news, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 53 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 39 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's