Moorestown police officer ejected from motorcycle, hit by Burlington County investigator's truck
MOORESTOWN, N.J. - July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Moorestown police officer is dead after losing control of his motorcycle and then being hit by a truck driven by an investigator with the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, authorities say.
The accident happened shortly after 10:00 p.m. Saturday along eastbound County Road 614 near mile post 1.4.
Police say 52-year-old Craig Berner was operating a Honda motorcycle when, for reasons unknown, he crashed his bike and was ejected into the westbound lanes.
He was then struck by a Ford F-150, being driven by 60-year-old William McGovern.
Berner, whom authorities say was an officer with the Moorestown Police Department, died as a result of the crash.
Because McGovern is an investigator for the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, the investigation has been turned over to the Camden County Prosecutor's Office to avoid any possible conflict of interest.
new jersey news, burlington county news, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia