Moorestown police officer ejected from motorcycle, hit by Burlington County investigator's truck
MOORESTOWN, N.J. - July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Moorestown police officer is dead after losing control of his motorcycle and then being hit by a truck driven by an investigator with the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, authorities say.
The accident happened shortly after 10:00 p.m. Saturday along eastbound County Road 614 near mile post 1.4.
Police say 52-year-old Craig Berner was operating a Honda motorcycle when, for reasons unknown, he crashed his bike and was ejected into the westbound lanes.
He was then struck by a Ford F-150, being driven by 60-year-old William McGovern.
Berner, whom authorities say was an officer with the Moorestown Police Department, died as a result of the crash.
Because McGovern is an investigator for the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, the investigation has been turned over to the Camden County Prosecutor's Office to avoid any possible conflict of interest.
new jersey news, burlington county news, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases