House fire in Delaware leaves 1 man, 2 dogs dead
LEWES, Del. - July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office is investigating a fire that broke out at a home in Lewes and left one man dead.
Authorities say Rehoboth Beach firefighters were called to the scene just before 9 a.m. Saturday. One man was found unconscious and was taken to Beebe Hospital. The man died later at the hospital.
Two dogs also were killed in the fire.
Investigators are still working to determine what caused the fire and where it started. Damage is estimated at $30,000. Firefighters from Lewes, the Indian River Fire Company and Sussex County EMS also were dispatched to assist.
The victim's name was not immediately released.
delaware news, sussex county news, fire, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book