House fire in Delaware leaves 1 man, 2 dogs dead
LEWES, Del. - July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office is investigating a fire that broke out at a home in Lewes and left one man dead.
Authorities say Rehoboth Beach firefighters were called to the scene just before 9 a.m. Saturday. One man was found unconscious and was taken to Beebe Hospital. The man died later at the hospital.
Two dogs also were killed in the fire.
Investigators are still working to determine what caused the fire and where it started. Damage is estimated at $30,000. Firefighters from Lewes, the Indian River Fire Company and Sussex County EMS also were dispatched to assist.
The victim's name was not immediately released.
delaware news, sussex county news, fire, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 33 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 23 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 16 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 17 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
33 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
16 min ago