House fire in Delaware leaves 1 man, 2 dogs dead
LEWES, Del. - July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office is investigating a fire that broke out at a home in Lewes and left one man dead.
Authorities say Rehoboth Beach firefighters were called to the scene just before 9 a.m. Saturday. One man was found unconscious and was taken to Beebe Hospital. The man died later at the hospital.
Two dogs also were killed in the fire.
Investigators are still working to determine what caused the fire and where it started. Damage is estimated at $30,000. Firefighters from Lewes, the Indian River Fire Company and Sussex County EMS also were dispatched to assist.
The victim's name was not immediately released.
delaware news, sussex county news, fire, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 5 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 48 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
7 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos