2 die after being pulled from water in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man and a woman have died after being pulled from the water off Atlantic City.
The Atlantic City Beach Patrol tells The Press of Atlantic City that the two were among a larger group in the water near a jetty at the beach of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Saturday night. The spot is just north of the Claridge Casino Hotel.
The couple was identified as 21-year-old Samuel Jackson and 22-year-old Thewinco Caesar.
Lifeguards performed CPR and firefighters used a defibrillator after the pair was brought onto the beach.
The victims were taken to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center where they were pronounced dead.
Family members on scene said the couple came with a group to Atlantic City for the day.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.)
new jersey news, atlantic county news, atlantic city news, drowning, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more