2 die after being pulled from water in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - July 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man and a woman have died after being pulled from the water off Atlantic City.
The Atlantic City Beach Patrol tells The Press of Atlantic City that the two were among a larger group in the water near a jetty at the beach of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Saturday night. The spot is just north of the Claridge Casino Hotel.
The couple was identified as 21-year-old Samuel Jackson and 22-year-old Thewinco Caesar.
Lifeguards performed CPR and firefighters used a defibrillator after the pair was brought onto the beach.
The victims were taken to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center where they were pronounced dead.
Family members on scene said the couple came with a group to Atlantic City for the day.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.)
new jersey news, atlantic county news, atlantic city news, drowning, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 41 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ