Mega Millions ticket worth $19M was sold in NJ
TRENTON, N.J. - July 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey lottery officials say a Mega Millions ticket that's worth $19 million was sold at a sub shop in northern New Jersey.
But the ticket holder has not yet claimed their prize.
Carole Hedinger, the state lottery's executive director, says the sole winning ticket for Friday's drawing was sold at the Dollar Subs in Kearny. The retailer will earn a $30,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket, which matched the five winning numbers and the Mega Ball.
The winning numbers were 4, 22, 23, 27 and 38. The Gold Mega Ball was 42.
Besides the big winner, lottery officials say two other tickets sold in New Jersey matched four numbers and the Mega Ball. Those tickets are worth $10,000 each.
Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot is $12 million.
new jersey news, lottery, mega millions, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 47 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
47 min ago