Wing-eating champ El Wingador faces NJ prison term
WOODBURY, N.J. - July 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A five-time Buffalo wing-eating champion known as El Wingador has pleaded guilty to a cocaine distribution charge in New Jersey.
Gloucester County prosecutors say William Simmons pleaded guilty Monday to possession with intent to distribute.
The 51-year-old Woodbury Heights resident faces a seven-year prison when he's sentenced in September.
Prosecutors say they won't object if he applies for an intensive supervision program that could shorten his sentence.
Several drug charges were filed against Simmons following a June 2012 traffic stop. Simmons admitted he was using "a little bit" of cocaine at the time.
El Wingador last won Philadelphia's Wing Bowl in 2005, when he gnawed through 162 chicken wings.
The Wing Bowl was started as a way for Philadelphia sports fans to blow off steam before the Super Bowl.
new jersey news, drugs, gloucester county news, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 52 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 8 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 59 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 6 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 10 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 14 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 1 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
8 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos