Woman injured after falling on subway tracks in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 42-year-old woman was injured after falling on the subway tracks in Center City early Tuesday morning.
Authorities say the accident happened around 12:30 a.m. at 11th and Market Streets along the northbound side of the SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line.
It is not clear how the woman fell onto the tracks but police say, crews had to pull the victim from under the train.
They say she suffered head and leg injuries from the fall and was not injured from the train.
She was taken to Jefferson University Hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
accident, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 40 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 59 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 5 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 25 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Dead body found during Easter egg hunt 1 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
5 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
56 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
1 min ago