Woman injured after falling on subway tracks in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 42-year-old woman was injured after falling on the subway tracks in Center City early Tuesday morning.
Authorities say the accident happened around 12:30 a.m. at 11th and Market Streets along the northbound side of the SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line.
It is not clear how the woman fell onto the tracks but police say, crews had to pull the victim from under the train.
They say she suffered head and leg injuries from the fall and was not injured from the train.
She was taken to Jefferson University Hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
accident, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash