Woman injured after falling on subway tracks in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 42-year-old woman was injured after falling on the subway tracks in Center City early Tuesday morning.
Authorities say the accident happened around 12:30 a.m. at 11th and Market Streets along the northbound side of the SEPTA Paoli/Thorndale Line.
It is not clear how the woman fell onto the tracks but police say, crews had to pull the victim from under the train.
They say she suffered head and leg injuries from the fall and was not injured from the train.
She was taken to Jefferson University Hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
accident, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 27 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 36 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 54 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos