Pedestrian critically injured on Route 13 in Minquadale, Del.
MINQUADALE, De. - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 50-year-old woman was critically injured after being struck by a vehicle in Minquadale, Delaware Monday night.
The accident occurred at 9:48 p.m. on Route 13 and Memorial Drive.
The victim, identified as Carmen M. Ross of New Castle, was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say Ross was walking along North DuPont Parkway with her 9-year-old daughter when she attempted to cross the roadway, approximately 40 feet from Memorial Drive.
Ross made it safely over the northbound lanes, but when she attempted to cross southbound traffic she was struck by an oncoming 1999 Toyota Camry.
The driver of the Toyota Camry that hit the victim stopped nearby, and police say no charges have been filed against the driver.
The investigation is ongoing.
Ross's daughter was not injured in the incident.
pedestrian struck, delaware news, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 27 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 10 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
12 min ago