Pedestrian critically injured on Route 13 in Minquadale, Del.
MINQUADALE, De. - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 50-year-old woman was critically injured after being struck by a vehicle in Minquadale, Delaware Monday night.
The accident occurred at 9:48 p.m. on Route 13 and Memorial Drive.
The victim, identified as Carmen M. Ross of New Castle, was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say Ross was walking along North DuPont Parkway with her 9-year-old daughter when she attempted to cross the roadway, approximately 40 feet from Memorial Drive.
Ross made it safely over the northbound lanes, but when she attempted to cross southbound traffic she was struck by an oncoming 1999 Toyota Camry.
The driver of the Toyota Camry that hit the victim stopped nearby, and police say no charges have been filed against the driver.
The investigation is ongoing.
Ross's daughter was not injured in the incident.
pedestrian struck, delaware news, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 26 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos