Pedestrian critically injured on Route 13 in Minquadale, Del.
MINQUADALE, De. - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 50-year-old woman was critically injured after being struck by a vehicle in Minquadale, Delaware Monday night.
The accident occurred at 9:48 p.m. on Route 13 and Memorial Drive.
The victim, identified as Carmen M. Ross of New Castle, was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say Ross was walking along North DuPont Parkway with her 9-year-old daughter when she attempted to cross the roadway, approximately 40 feet from Memorial Drive.
Ross made it safely over the northbound lanes, but when she attempted to cross southbound traffic she was struck by an oncoming 1999 Toyota Camry.
The driver of the Toyota Camry that hit the victim stopped nearby, and police say no charges have been filed against the driver.
The investigation is ongoing.
Ross's daughter was not injured in the incident.
pedestrian struck, delaware news, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 4 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 57 min ago
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 33 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad