Pedestrian critically injured on Route 13 in Minquadale, Del.
MINQUADALE, De. - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 50-year-old woman was critically injured after being struck by a vehicle in Minquadale, Delaware Monday night.
The accident occurred at 9:48 p.m. on Route 13 and Memorial Drive.
The victim, identified as Carmen M. Ross of New Castle, was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say Ross was walking along North DuPont Parkway with her 9-year-old daughter when she attempted to cross the roadway, approximately 40 feet from Memorial Drive.
Ross made it safely over the northbound lanes, but when she attempted to cross southbound traffic she was struck by an oncoming 1999 Toyota Camry.
The driver of the Toyota Camry that hit the victim stopped nearby, and police say no charges have been filed against the driver.
The investigation is ongoing.
Ross's daughter was not injured in the incident.
pedestrian struck, delaware news, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 53 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish