Moorestown Mall evacuated due to gas leak
MOORESTOWN, N.J. - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak caused the evacuation of the Moorestown Mall in Burlington County Tuesday morning.
The incident was reported around 8:30 a.m.
Police on the scene tell Action News that a construction crew struck a 4-inch gas main in the parking lot of the mall near Macy's.
The construction is part of the ongoing expansion of a new movie theatre at the mall.
The mall, along with stores at a nearby shopping center along Nixon Drive, were evacuated as a precaution.
PSEG crews shut off the main and the mall was given the all clear around 10:45 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
new jersey news, burlington county news, gas leak, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
34 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
32 min ago