Moorestown Mall evacuated due to gas leak
MOORESTOWN, N.J. - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak caused the evacuation of the Moorestown Mall in Burlington County Tuesday morning.
The incident was reported around 8:30 a.m.
Police on the scene tell Action News that a construction crew struck a 4-inch gas main in the parking lot of the mall near Macy's.
The construction is part of the ongoing expansion of a new movie theatre at the mall.
The mall, along with stores at a nearby shopping center along Nixon Drive, were evacuated as a precaution.
PSEG crews shut off the main and the mall was given the all clear around 10:45 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
new jersey news, burlington county news, gas leak, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 53 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 40 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 42 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 29 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 44 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
55 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
40 min ago
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos