Road worker killed at construction site in Montgomeryville, Pa.
MONTGOMERYVILLE, Pa. - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A construction worker has been fatally injured in an accident involving a piece of equipment during a repaving project in suburban Philadelphia.
The (Lansdale) Reporter reports it happened around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday on a street in Montgomery Township. Police say the worker, whose name wasn't released, was hurt in an accident involving a piece of construction equipment and pronounced dead at the scene.
County detectives are investigating, but details of how the accident happened haven't been released. Authorities also haven't identified the victim's employer.
Emergency crews cleared the scene around 5:30 p.m.
Information from: The Reporter, http://www.thereporteronline.com
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, pedestrian struck, accident, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos