Road worker killed at construction site in Montgomeryville, Pa.
MONTGOMERYVILLE, Pa. - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A construction worker has been fatally injured in an accident involving a piece of equipment during a repaving project in suburban Philadelphia.
The (Lansdale) Reporter reports it happened around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday on a street in Montgomery Township. Police say the worker, whose name wasn't released, was hurt in an accident involving a piece of construction equipment and pronounced dead at the scene.
County detectives are investigating, but details of how the accident happened haven't been released. Authorities also haven't identified the victim's employer.
Emergency crews cleared the scene around 5:30 p.m.
Information from: The Reporter, http://www.thereporteronline.com
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, pedestrian struck, accident, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures