15 bikes stolen before charity ride in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for those who stole 15 bikes before a charity ride in Philadelphia.
The theft happened around 4:30 a.m. Sunday behind the Irish Pub at 20th and Walnut, which was the starting point for the Tour de Shore ride.
According to investigators, a light-colored Ford pickup truck was driven up to the scene.
Then, the suspect or suspects got out and took the 15 bikes, valued at $22,000.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, charity, theft, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 48 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 24 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
48 min ago