15 bikes stolen before charity ride in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for those who stole 15 bikes before a charity ride in Philadelphia.
The theft happened around 4:30 a.m. Sunday behind the Irish Pub at 20th and Walnut, which was the starting point for the Tour de Shore ride.
According to investigators, a light-colored Ford pickup truck was driven up to the scene.
Then, the suspect or suspects got out and took the 15 bikes, valued at $22,000.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, charity, theft, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 21 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 37 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 4 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands