Fire that killed 3 children in Chester ruled an accident
CHESTER, Pa. - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fire last week in Chester, Pa., that left three children dead, has been ruled an accident.
Investigators said Tuesday the fire began with something cooking on a stove.
The fire broke out at approximately 6:27 a.m. Wednesday on the 900 block of East 15th Street.
Moses McKnight, 4, his 6-year-old sister Bella McKnight and their cousin, 9-year-old Amajhay Ferguson, all died in the fire.
There were six children in the house at the time of the blaze. Three of them live in the home and the other three were cousins staying for a visit.
The father of the kids, Timothy Ferguson, managed to get his wife and three children out safely.
Five firefighters were also hurt in the blaze, which happened two blocks from the Widener University campus.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 53 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 26 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 51 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
53 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
35 min ago