2 women arrested, officer kicked in Gloucester Twp. bus fight
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two women are charged with assaulting each other and a police officer after a fight on a rush-hour New Jersey Transit bus.
Gloucester Township Police say 21-year-old Paige James, of Williamstown, and 49-year-old Linda Mason, of Camden, brawled on the bus around 5 p.m. Monday.
Authorities say the driver stopped the vehicle and evacuated other passengers, but the women wouldn't stop fighting, even when police arrived and used pepper spray.
Police say Mason tried to kick James as she was restrained by a police officer but ended up kicking a cop. The officer was able to return to work later in the day.
Both women were taken to the Camden County Jail.
The bus reloaded and continued its Philadelphia-to-Sicklerville route.
camden county news, new jersey news, fight, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 9 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 15 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 13 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos