2 women arrested, officer kicked in Gloucester Twp. bus fight
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two women are charged with assaulting each other and a police officer after a fight on a rush-hour New Jersey Transit bus.
Gloucester Township Police say 21-year-old Paige James, of Williamstown, and 49-year-old Linda Mason, of Camden, brawled on the bus around 5 p.m. Monday.
Authorities say the driver stopped the vehicle and evacuated other passengers, but the women wouldn't stop fighting, even when police arrived and used pepper spray.
Police say Mason tried to kick James as she was restrained by a police officer but ended up kicking a cop. The officer was able to return to work later in the day.
Both women were taken to the Camden County Jail.
The bus reloaded and continued its Philadelphia-to-Sicklerville route.
camden county news, new jersey news, fight, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 31 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 19 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!