2 women arrested, officer kicked in Gloucester Twp. bus fight
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two women are charged with assaulting each other and a police officer after a fight on a rush-hour New Jersey Transit bus.
Gloucester Township Police say 21-year-old Paige James, of Williamstown, and 49-year-old Linda Mason, of Camden, brawled on the bus around 5 p.m. Monday.
Authorities say the driver stopped the vehicle and evacuated other passengers, but the women wouldn't stop fighting, even when police arrived and used pepper spray.
Police say Mason tried to kick James as she was restrained by a police officer but ended up kicking a cop. The officer was able to return to work later in the day.
Both women were taken to the Camden County Jail.
The bus reloaded and continued its Philadelphia-to-Sicklerville route.
camden county news, new jersey news, fight, local/state
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby 13 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 6 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 11 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire 37 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting