Former Reading basketball star facing trial in slaying
READING, Pa. - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former basketball standout at a high school in Reading has been ordered to stand trial in a fatal stabbing.
A judge on Wednesday ordered 19-year-old Anthony Clay-Rappaselli to face trial on first- and third-degree murder charges in the killing of 33-year-old Robert Bell as he walked down the street. Police say the two men knew each other and had exchanged words before the daytime April 24 attack, which happened outside a church.
Clay-Rappaselli was arrested several weeks later. Authorities say he was in a relationship with the victim's daughter and has two children with her.
Clay-Rappaselli was a standout basketball player at Reading High School last season. He is being held without bail at Berks County Prison.
reading, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 22 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 19 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 5 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 39 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos