Former Reading basketball star facing trial in slaying
READING, Pa. - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former basketball standout at a high school in Reading has been ordered to stand trial in a fatal stabbing.
A judge on Wednesday ordered 19-year-old Anthony Clay-Rappaselli to face trial on first- and third-degree murder charges in the killing of 33-year-old Robert Bell as he walked down the street. Police say the two men knew each other and had exchanged words before the daytime April 24 attack, which happened outside a church.
Clay-Rappaselli was arrested several weeks later. Authorities say he was in a relationship with the victim's daughter and has two children with her.
Clay-Rappaselli was a standout basketball player at Reading High School last season. He is being held without bail at Berks County Prison.
reading, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 1 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ