Former Reading basketball star facing trial in slaying
READING, Pa. - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former basketball standout at a high school in Reading has been ordered to stand trial in a fatal stabbing.
A judge on Wednesday ordered 19-year-old Anthony Clay-Rappaselli to face trial on first- and third-degree murder charges in the killing of 33-year-old Robert Bell as he walked down the street. Police say the two men knew each other and had exchanged words before the daytime April 24 attack, which happened outside a church.
Clay-Rappaselli was arrested several weeks later. Authorities say he was in a relationship with the victim's daughter and has two children with her.
Clay-Rappaselli was a standout basketball player at Reading High School last season. He is being held without bail at Berks County Prison.
reading, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware 57 min ago
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 7 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
27 min ago